Monday, April 27, 2009

Workshopping Tomorrow

"Activity - the physical thing your character is doing
Action - Physical Activity + Intention
Event - Physical Activity + Intention + The CONTEXT of time and circumstance"

Agreed.  Sorry, Jenny.  No arguments.  This is everything that I was trying to say in class, but couldn't, because I've recently become very inarticulate in a classroom setting.  This is an issue.  

So coming into this week's class, I've completely redone my play.  At least, that's the way it feels to me.  I don't know how legit playwrights do it- it seemed like I slaved over it for the last few days.  And even now, with a TON of cuts and additions and changes and revisions, it still doesn't feel like something I'll ever be able to hand over to someone and say "Okay, it's ready.  Take it and run."  So I guess my question is, how do you know?  Do you ever?  I feel a sense of closure after every draft, then pick it back up and make ten thousand more changes each time.  Does the madness ever end?  Do you just stop when people stop having issues with it (as if they ever will)?  This is also an issue- I don't want to put this into my portfolio and pick it up the day it has been graded, read over it, and think "Jeezaloo (yes, jezz. a. loo.), what was I thinking here?"  I can't believe I'm saying this, but guys?  I'm with Celso this week.  Gloves come off.  Tear it apart.  It's for my own good.  

I'm also REALLY excited to start in small groups tomorrow after getting Sara and Burkard's plays.  After reading Burkard's, I feel like workshops from last week helped everyone (not just me :) and I hadn't had the opportunity to read Sara's since I wasn't in her group- the story is REALLY cool.  Very, "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden"ish.  I like it a lot.  
So yay for tomorrow.
:)
(I, along with Ashley, would also like to know who is taking playwriting II.  It's always cool to see familiar faces.)

No comments:

Post a Comment