Wednesday, April 1, 2009

101 Ways...

Well first off everyone knows that the title is genius. Having a really long title is unexected so it grabs the attention. I also think it was smart to give the title the feel of the magazine because it gave the play the immediate draw that everyone associates with magazines. I thought it was a very good idea to base a play around aspects of superficiality because in learning the potentionally damaging effects of the sex-driven magazine industry the play gets the opportunity to focus itself around it and emerce itself completly in this world of sex and perfection. I agree Jenny, people are fascinated by magazine-like perfection and people are drawn to this play because in a way the title promises it, and we were not let down. The show opens with scandolouse posses and a sexy run way walk. The women are always in high heels and JENNY'S LEGS LOOK GREAT!

I particularly enjoyed the monologue about little girls and how they play with make-up. I guess I never thought of it like that before. That monologue seemed to really drive the message of play in a way that I hadn't previousely explored in my mind. Very convincing.

I love the fact that overall image and sexuality that the play is based off of (the immediate attraction, the image which draws the audience to the play from the begining) is the image that the play directly refutes. That is smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment