Thursday, February 12, 2009

Team Beckett #2

I just wanted to say that Tuesday's class was a very productive and even enlightening experience. When we used Michael's example to put on the board, it amazed me how quickly we were able to fill in the timeline. And I have a feeling this type of exercise will help with future bouts of writer's block. Starting with only several events, or a beginning/middle/end of a play, and then growing into a complete plan or idea is really cool. I think I've been going about writing all wrong. I usually just sit at a blank screen and try to start typing something that sort of makes sense. I like that this technique, this sort of "mapping" process, is something we can use as a guide for our creations. A direct and definite starting point, even if we haven't figured out the beginning yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment