Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Aristotle - Class and Thoughts

Tuesday when we talked in class about the playwright and his power I began to understand the difference between screenwriters and playwriting. This is most excellent considering it is one of the goals I wished to leave with. The playwright has complete control over the script as in where the screen writer does not. He is subject to higher forces if you will. There are the executive producers, producers, editors, directors etc. Another adaption for me having written mostly books and screen related works, is not being able to just jump all over my imagination and be in a new place each scene. In a book you eat some pill and then you're on the moon. On stage yes you do have the creative capacity to do this, but you would need to stay on the set of a moon much longer and not be on five other locations. Building sets on the stage limits you in this aspect but provides a worthy challenge. Another thing I appreciate about this class so far is most indubitably our class exercises. It inspires us to think outside the box. By writing under pressure I feel, If I can write something sorta good in five minutes I know when I have a more probable deadline I can right something worthwhile. Class has been really helpful so far and I look forward to learning more.

No comments:

Post a Comment